Paph vietnamense (Updated photo added)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a first bloomed plant that I picked up as a seedling at the S.F. POE last year in Feb. It's growing happily in semi-hydro in the g.h. I was happy to see how dark it was and in my haste took a photo in the evening so it's not the best. It just opened so the form might change a bit. I've been told the form and size improve on these with the second blooming. I'm very happy with the color, and the pouch is as dark as it appears.

Right now it's 3 1/2" wide and 4" long.
vietnamense.jpg

WOW. I think I'm in love, that's really something Candace. If you have a chance, post a pic in a week or so; I'm interested to see what it will look like. I didn't go to the POE last year, but the year before I almost had a panic attack because of the crowds...totally worth it.

That's great. The pouch is a WONDERFUL color. Yes,it sure is a keeper.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Alright, what's SF POE?

San Francisco Pacific Orchid Expo. It's the largest west coast, Bay Area show, I believe. I forgot to mention this is one of Antec's legal babies purchased second hand through Vintage Orchids. I got a vietnamense, Ho Chi Minh and my Kevin Porter that I posted a few weeks back, from them at the show. The next expo is in Feb. Can't wait.

Eric, I don't think I paid more than $25-30 for it as a seedling. It grew very quickly in s/h.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! of course, you know that now this is out, the price just went up!!!

Hahaha, good try! That would be the lowest price I've seen though.
You're right, maybe it was a little higher. It was over a year ago and I'd have to hunt through my receipts. I know for a fact, though, that I didn't spend more than $40 for it. Which is much less than what you spend on some plants :poke:

It's not listed on his website, so I couldn't double-check. I bet he has them in Feb. at the show, but if they're blooming or b.s. I'm sure they'll be much more expensive.

One caveat to buying these at shows. I'd recommend not doing that as vendors don't carry copies of the flask receipts with them to shows. So you wind up having to hunt down the paperwork later. It's better to preorder them-requesting the paperwork accompany the plant and making sure it's all legit. I did get my paperwork after the fact, but it took some time and effort.

I had to get my receipts and paperwork together to bring the plant to my OS meeting this Weds. I found the receipt and I paid $35 for a seedling. Not too bad, I think.

Wow! The colour is amazing and different to what I've seen before.

I'm even more excited about getting mine to bloom now!!!

I like the colour very much.... Purple is the colour of mentality... wish I had one...

Looks wonderful, Candace! I have one in spike right now that I hope turns out as nice as yours :) What great color!

- Matthew Gore

I just got a vietnamense (with Antec documentation) that I won on ebay...part of a collection including roth, wardii, callosum and some less important species, for $30....Eric

Latest posts

Back