Paph vietnamense (Updated photo added)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. It was pulled for judging tonight and received an AM of either a 83 or 85, I can't remember. I didn't get the certificate, maybe it's provisional until the documentation paperwork is accepted...I'll post a new link when the photo and measurements are put up on the AOS site. It lost some points due to the dorsal being slightly twisted, but it's 11 cm. wide-very large for the species and judges also loved the color. It has quite a good chance to be upgraded in the future since this is a first bloom seedling. Yippee skippee!

Thanks everybody. The clonal name is 'Candace's Mojo'.:D

Here's the photo taken right when it opened..
vietnamense.jpg

And here is it today/when it was awarded
vietnamense'Mojo'.jpg

I'm sure Ramon will have a much better photo and I'll post that when it's up.

Congratulations Candace, that's awesome!

As I say, I have one in bud too... I don't expect it to be as nice as yours, but let me know if you would like to trade some pollen... I'd certainly like to have some of yours. :)

- Matt Gore

O wow, wonderful improvement on the petals, I don't have one of these yet and haven't seen one in person, but from pics you're probably right about it getting upgraded on the award on another blooming being as it's already so great! Very Nice, I'm jealous! :)

Very impressive change! I'd have given it a higher award..............Eric

do you find yours easy to grow?? Mine has bloomed twice now like clockwork and is getting along quickly with a new growth, Ive been pleased with its quick schedule.

Thanks Ramon, you took a great photo as usual.
do you find yours easy to grow?? Mine has bloomed twice now like clockwork and is getting along quickly with a new growth, Ive been pleased with its quick schedule.

Well...I believe all legal vietnamense aren't that large, yet. So, I wouldn't know about it being easy to bloom and make growths.:poke: I do know that the size of my plant was noticed by the judges, in that it was a first bloom seedling and would match my paperwork. If it had been a multi-growth and bloomed plant they would have rejected it from judging.

Mine has liked s/h and has grown well in it. But it hasn't put out any new growths yet.

Latest posts

Back