Paph. vietnamense ('Purple Delight' x 'Purple Lantern')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, everybody!

Due to both pre- and post-corona illness, heavy workload and the corona crisis itself, which made things quite crazy at work (public mental health service), I've been absent from STC for quite a while. I sincerely apologize for my radio silence - especially to those of you, that I owe an answer to private communication!

I've missed you, guys and gals! And what better way to come back, than with this li'l beauty (from Sam Tsui):

20200323_123528.jpg
NS: 10 cm.

20200323_123540.jpg

And in another light (late afternoon):
20200323_123611.jpg

I gather, it's not the largest flower of this species, but I like its colours!

Kind regards,
Jens
(P.t. quarantined due to milder symptoms corona or what so ever virus)

This is indeed quite nicely colored esp. the pouch with a nice form with petals holding nice and upright. And on a small plant too! A winner.

The cross with delenatii is called Ho Chi Minh, registered in 2002 by Popow. It is a wonderful and vigorous hybrid that looks like a giant vietnamense. I have one in bud now that I will post in bloom soon.

Again welcome back Jens and take care of your health!

Welcome back. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Do you know where & how you contracted the virus??

I have Ho Chi Minh (vietnamense x delenatii var dunkel) in bud (double buds, yay!!) and I can't wait to see how dark or not so dark the color will be. I have bloomed regular Ho Chi Minh in the past and the color was still quite dark.
By the way, Ho Chi Minh made with delenatii dunekl have been circulating the market in the US last year. I could have picked up more than one, but I already had one. So, I bought one more out of curiosity and hope for darker color.

This is indeed quite nicely colored esp. the pouch with a nice form with petals holding nice and upright. And on a small plant too! A winner.

The cross with delenatii is called Ho Chi Minh, registered in 2002 by Popow. It is a wonderful and vigorous hybrid that looks like a giant vietnamense. I have one in bud now that I will post in bloom soon.

Again welcome back Jens and take care of your health!
Can’t wait!

Hello, everybody!

Due to both pre- and post-corona illness, heavy workload and the corona crisis itself, which made things quite crazy at work (public mental health service), I've been absent from STC for quite a while. I sincerely apologize for my radio silence - especially to those of you, that I owe an answer to private communication!

I've missed you, guys and gals! And what better way to come back, than with this li'l beauty (from Sam Tsui):

Jens! So sorry you had it! Glad you came through.

I also have a P. vietnamense from Sam Tsui! From my visit to his magical Paphiopedilum palace! Your photos get me even more excited! Thank you. And so glad you’re through.

View attachment 18895
NS: 10 cm.

View attachment 18896

And in another light (late afternoon):
View attachment 18897

I gather, it's not the largest flower of this species, but I like its colours!

Kind regards,
Jens
(P.t. quarantined due to milder symptoms corona or what so ever virus)

Thank you for your kind greetings, all of you!

Welcome back. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Do you know where & how you contracted the virus??

I probably got the virus at my work place - the health services are along with the police, elder care, etc. considered critical infrastructure (and rightly so), so we soldier on, even when the rest of society is pretty much shut down.
I can't be sure, that it's actually 'the big C' (covid-19), but as I am vaccinated against the common flu, there is a fair chance, it is - but could be some other virus, too, of course? The policy - and practical possibility - in Denmark for a periode of time has been to test only persons with critical illness.
I now certainly hope, it's corona, as I then would have 'earned' my immunization through a milder form of the illness!

Last edited:
Hey Jens, my comment to you somehow did not seem to post. Wishing you continued recovery and so happy to see you here. Your plant is fantastic, blooming on such a small growth! I got one from my visit to SamTsui last summer and it’s growing fast; beautiful plant from Sam’s magical kingdom. Yours gives me much to look forward to! Thank you!

Wonderful flower!
Best wishes for your recovery from me, too!
Fortunately our interest in Orchids is perfectly suitable for quarantaine...

Latest posts

Back