Paph vietnamense (progression...I hope)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my Paph vietnamense.
I got it about a week ago in bud. The bud has
already changed in that the pouch is already
turning pink. When I got it the pouch part was white.
I'll try to post more pics as the bud (hopefully) develops
and finally blooms.

Craig

coming along...
I had a couple of these (plant with bud, not vietnamense), and then it stops growing, went flat, brown and wilt away... :poke:

I'm sure it won't happen to yours...... :evil:

I found out last year how touchy Ho Chi Minh is. I had a big plant with 2 spikes, but failed to properly water it. The spikes and buds shrivled up and turned brown.

Now, if I can just get it to spike again, I will properly water and feed it so it blooms!

Craig

I just bought a small HO CHI MIN X vietnamense.
So what is the proper way to water and feed them.

Thanks for any help. Jim.

I didn't know Ho Chi Minh was touchy. I have one and several other vietnamense hybrids. So just how touchy are they and whats the proper way to care for them?

I have two Ho Chi Minh plants. Both came into bud about the same time -- they are in pots the same size and I water/feed them the same. One has a spike coming along nicely, with two buds. The other turned brown and dried up.
Go figure!

I haven't found Ho Chi Minh to be particularly vigorous....while I can't compare it to vietnamense, its certainly pokier and more difficult to both grow and bloom than delanatii.....Take care, Eric

My ho chi minh is currently in bud. It is growing in a bark mixture and I top dress with sphagnum moss. I also keep it semi-moist(water maybe 2x a week). It is growing in an east window....Larry

I agree it grows so slowly! I also have Paph Wössner Vietnam Wings (moquetteanum x vietnamens) and Paph chamberlainianum x vietnamense which grow much faster than Paph Ho Chi Minh

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but my vietnamense bloomed about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Around 3/16 or so. I have tried a few times to get pictures of it, but alas.......I SUCK with this camera. I sent it to a the Spokane Orchid Society Show and Sale last weekend and it won Best First Bloom Plant. There was no mechanical damage to the flower then, but when it got brought back from the show another plant's leaf rubbed on one of the petals. Otherwise it is still in good shape. The flower is maybe a bit small...about 8.8 cm Horz NS and 7.5 Vert NS. Here are the pics I took outside today.

Hope you enjoy.

Craig

WolfDog1 said:
I'm sorry to bump this thread, but my vietnamense bloomed about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Around 3/16 or so. I have tried a few times to get pictures of it, but alas.......I SUCK with this camera. I sent it to a the Spokane Orchid Society Show and Sale last weekend and it won Best First Bloom Plant. There was no mechanical damage to the flower then, but when it got brought back from the show another plant's leaf rubbed on one of the petals. Otherwise it is still in good shape. The flower is maybe a bit small...about 8.8 cm Horz NS and 7.5 Vert NS. Here are the pics I took outside today.

Hope you enjoy.

Craig
Yes, I agree the form is very nice.

Back