• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph vietnamense alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quietaustralian

Reaction score
Wanted Paph vietnamense alba f2 flasks or plants.
I have searched the net and found some vietnamense alba crosses and posts relating to people buying seedlings a few years ago so there must be a few around now. Please PM me if you have any leads.

Regards, Mick

Wanted Paph vietnamense alba f2 flasks or plants.
I have searched the net and found some vietnamense alba crosses and posts relating to people buying seedlings a few years ago so there must be a few around now. Please PM me if you have any leads.

Regards, Mick

I still have a division of one of the original ones. However, though many seedlings have been sold, I don't think there are that many still alive. That's what I said before, in cultivation most species disappear after 3-5 years because all the plants are dead.

I still have a division of one of the original ones. However, though many seedlings have been sold, I don't think there are that many still alive. That's what I said before, in cultivation most species disappear after 3-5 years because all the plants are dead.

Hi Borat, I mean Roth

It seems some people have problems growing vietnamense, I don’t know why. I don’t find them much different to concolor in regard to growing requirement. I have quite a few seedlings of vietnamense alba x concolor alba (Sakura Pink), I self-ed the vietnamense alba when I made this cross but the pod failed.

I found some Paph Ho Chi Minh (made with vietnamense alba and delenatii alba) seedlings available so someone is breeding with a vietnamense alba.

Regards, Mick

Hi Borat, I mean Roth

It seems some people have problems growing vietnamense, I don’t know why. I don’t find them much different to concolor in regard to growing requirement. I have quite a few seedlings of vietnamense alba x concolor alba (Sakura Pink), I self-ed the vietnamense alba when I made this cross but the pod failed.

I found some Paph Ho Chi Minh (made with vietnamense alba and delenatii alba) seedlings available so someone is breeding with a vietnamense alba.

Regards, Mick

Yes, the Ho Chi Minh album have been done few years ago. When the plant of vietnamense album bloomed, flasks have been made and seedlings sold individually, and it has been crossed at the same time with delenatii album. About 4-5 years ago. Since that time, nothing done again with that one. I sold few seedlings in Vietnam about 3 years ago of vietnamense album, but I don't know where they are now...

Vietnamense album have been made in germany(same time oh chi minh album).Unfortunately the vietnamense album seedlings are veeery difficult to grow and tend to die easily.At the moment none available.I still have 1 seedling alive but grows really slow.

Vietnamense album have been made in germany(same time oh chi minh album).Unfortunately the vietnamense album seedlings are veeery difficult to grow and tend to die easily.At the moment none available.I still have 1 seedling alive but grows really slow.

Hi Valenzino,

Were the seedlings produced as a result of selfing the vietnamense alba?

Mick

Yes,also some voices says that there is also something in Japan,but not shure about it...

No, that was the division sold there, and the Japanese bought a few dozen seedlings. So far I don't think anyone bloomed their yet, or it would have been on display somewhere.

In Japan there are few people that are the best growers in the world, and many more that are really very bad growers, but with the financials to buy such plants.

I believe you are right about they are not easy to grow for an average grower.
A few years ago, I've seen them being offered from a few orchid companies in the USA, I thought later on, it will become plentiful and common like the case of phrag besseae, paph delenatii.. etc.. However, I have not seen one now, or heard of one anymore.

Yes, the Ho Chi Minh album have been done few years ago. When the plant of vietnamense album bloomed, flasks have been made and seedlings sold individually, and it has been crossed at the same time with delenatii album. About 4-5 years ago. Since that time, nothing done again with that one. I sold few seedlings in Vietnam about 3 years ago of vietnamense album, but I don't know where they are now...

I bought a vietnamense alba about 4 years ago. I bought it from Hans, so maybe it was one of your seedlings?

Mick

I'm sad to say that my seedling died last winter (too cold and dark weather I think). It was growing quite well, but a brown rot has killed it ... :-(

Hello everybody, if someone know where to find it (vietnamense alba) in Europe or have it and sale it, I could be interessed. Thank.

Latest posts

Back