Paph. victoria regina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Haven't posted photos in some time, but this one felt special. I acquired this division over 10 years ago. It has been one of the slowest growing plants in my collection. FInally after all these years I can see the flower!

Paph. victoria regina

Last edited:
Such a pretty and intense coloured flower was worth the long wait. Very nice.
But Justin this is a species, no hybrid so the spelling in small letters P. victoria-regina would be correct.

Such a pretty and intense coloured flower was worth the long wait. Very nice.
But Justin this is a species, no hybrid so the spelling in small letters P. victoria-regina would be correct.

You are correct! Thanks :)

Wonderful colour, Justin. Definately worth the wait! 🙂

And a consolation for me to hear about it growing so slowly... I have a Paph. victoria-mariae on my backstairs landing... it flowered sometime after I got it... and I remember vaguely, that I liked the flowers, but, in spite of being seemingly in good growth, it's so long time ago, it flowered, that I cannot recall for sure, how its flowers looked! 🙄

Division from Leo Schordje. Not sure where he got.it. Could have been a Rands import or from a collection.

Very nice, I’m also waiting for one of these to bloom. It’s been “blooming size” for several years now…

Just an update, after 10 months and about a dozen flowers this plant finally bloomed to death.

It was always a poor grower for me, and I had a sense the spike would be the end of it so I just enjoyed the flowers and let it go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back