Paph. victoria mariae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camellkc

Reaction score
This one keeps blooming and blooming. I also shoot the plants I am cultivating. They are looking happy. I know many hobbyists are frustrated in growing this species in Hong Kong and Taiwan. However, I think it is much easier compared with anitum, randsii etc. they are growing speedy.

My growing tips: High air RH and keep moister in the pot. Medium light with daily temperature range more than 5 degree C. Use large pot with medium sized growing medium is good as per my experience ( I am using orchids stone and Newzeland bark mix). Good luck if you wish to have one for trying.

Attachments

• 3C48CD1F-AE20-4CA9-80D9-0C2BBB6FEB98.jpeg
    3C48CD1F-AE20-4CA9-80D9-0C2BBB6FEB98.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 62
  • 37585A3F-4A1F-4C49-BDAA-52BC79C2D23B.jpeg
    37585A3F-4A1F-4C49-BDAA-52BC79C2D23B.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 62
  • 17C432F5-FCF7-4081-A472-588A47EC43B7.jpeg
    17C432F5-FCF7-4081-A472-588A47EC43B7.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 53
In my eyes P. victoria mariae is the nicest of the Cochlopetalums, but it's not often for sale, at least in the EU.
So for me it's a feast for the eyes to see so well grown and flowering plants.

That colour!!!

My own øvictoria-mariae is doing fine on my backstairs landing (no heat, but good light from west facing, sloping window...I think it likes the quite cool winter temp) - it's not flowering at the moment, but with three new growths in the making, so hopefully one day.....
It has a much doucer colour, and I love it... but the colour and intensity of your clone, would have brought me on the brink of commiting quite serious crimes (as in theft, extorsion, GBH or something along that line), hadn't you been so far away! :p:p:D:D:cool:

Most kind regards,
Jens

I had two tries at this species with zero luck.
Great job!
I think apart from the Paph. dodyanum named last year, this Paph. victoria mariae is special amongst sequential blooming family and is worthwhile to have one.

I am growing this warm to hot in summer and warm to cool in winter, hence, cool temperature will not be a mandatory requirement but a nice to have factor to make this species thrive. Try adult plants are much more easier for achieving successful.

Latest posts

Back