Paph. (Via Quatal x Pulsar)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jmoney

Via Quatal 'Coral Queen' x Pulsar 'Fang Pacific' HCC/AOS

large flower but doesn't have the full "depth" of color in a real good vini--no doubt from the coloratum influence in the Via Quatal.

Paph.%20(Via%20Quatal%20x%20Pulsar)%20(2006.03).JPG

Paph. (Via Quatal x Pulsar) is one of the modern-day vinicolor paphs, so named because of the rich red-purple coloration of the flowers. Once rare and prohibitively expensive, good-quality vinis are now so widely available and inexpensive that any orchid grower can afford to grow an entire collection of them. This particular vini is of the "peacock" type, so named for the green petal background and the dense constellations of warts on the petal blades.

The key to selecting a true vinicolor seedling lies at the leaf base. The vast majority of vinis will have a prominent splash of red at the base of the plant, and this pigmentation often extends into the leaf undersurfaces as well. Only a very small percentage (1-3%) of plants will not exhibit this linkage between leaf base pigmentation and vinicolor flower coloration.

Very nice indeed

Jmoney said:
The key to selecting a true vinicolor seedling lies at the leaf base. The vast majority of vinis will have a prominent splash of red at the base of the plant, and this pigmentation often extends into the leaf undersurfaces as well. Only a very small percentage (1-3%) of plants will not exhibit this linkage between leaf base pigmentation and vinicolor flower coloration.

Thanks for the info

I wasn't aware charlesworthii was in the background? I'll have to check though. :confused:

I'm surprised that plant doesn't just fall over sideways... That dorsal is like a freakin' sail!

I'm not normally a fan of these, but this one is a-ok with me.

Back