Paph venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paph_venustum_plant_20191201_resized.jpg

Natural sunlight on an overcast morning. 2.5" pot.
Definitely looks RED!!!

Talking about dark & red.
Does anyone remember these venustum?
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/paph-venustum-from-s-himalaya-of-tibet.24253/#post-340000
I am still waiting for children plants of this Tibetan venustum variety all these years ;)
After all, the original post was in 2012, 7 itching years had pass , and no resulted children plants on the market :rolleyes: ???
Shouldn't the Taiwanese concentrate on just this variety, and triple cranking production on these plants

It is red for sure, usually bright for a venustum. What is the parentage?
you should see the red ones that were posted 12 years ago, so red that they look like a bunch of Santas on Time Square. see the link to that old Slippertalk thread above.
Am I glad that the photos were not lost like other photos in most of old posts.

Last edited:
Those Tibetan venustums are gorgeous too. I think the one posted here might be descendants of those or at least have the genes. The Taiwanese secure almost all the fantastic specimens from the Asiatic continent and breed them with their existing stock. I am inquiring now with my sources to confirm if such was the case.

Back