Paph venustum from S.Himalaya of Tibet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yijiawang

Reaction score
I went to Tibet in the last year, across one snow mountain, I reach S.Himalaya in the head of July. A really rain forest jungle breed many tropical biology include slipper orchid and tiger.

Brought several plants of Paph venustum from Tibet, they are in flower now.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010848.jpg
    P1010848.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 213
Great colour on the flowers! Wonderful.

I would like to see that part of the world some day.

I went to Tibet in the last year, across one snow mountain, I reach S.Himalaya in the head of July. A really rain forest jungle breed many tropical biology include slipper orchid and tiger.

Brought several plants of Paph venustum from Tibet, they are in flower now.

I've never seen such a wonderfull red pouch on venustum. Too bad that we wont be seeing these in Europe due to Cites.

:drool::drool: not only the red pouch, how about the color around the edge of the pouch? :drool:
Almost puts the colorful clones we're use to seeing to a bit drab.

Gorgeous flower!!! Yijiawang, it seems to me that there is a good market for seeds from this flower. Why don't you self it and sell/mail seeds to people who are interested? Sharing the seeds would help to protect and preserve this wonderful variety of venustum.

Thats super pink. I haven't seen one as dark as these.

Var bhutanensis is new to me. I checked it out and it was nice.

Thank every one enjoy these pictures, yes it is a hard trip because without any car or horse can be available in 4days, altitude from 4300 to 600meters. There are many amazing biology in this area, most of them never seen before. Please permit me to upload some pictures no on slipper orchid~

Yes I have make self-fertile for these flower, hope successful.

Attachments

• P1030204.jpg
    P1030204.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 66
  • P1030006.jpg
    P1030006.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010901.jpg
    P1010901.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010860.jpg
    P1010860.jpg