Paph. venustum album 'Pippen' x 'Limey'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but unfortunately they exclude the plant and flower from being P. venustum fma. bohlmannianum (the albino form of venustum). Never the less, It's a beautifull chunky flower!
No, Jens, the albine form of venustum isn't called 'bohlmannianum'. It is the albino form of fairrieanum that is called fma. bohlmannianum.

For me, the pure album form of venustum is a more boring one than the black freckled one. It is an interesting plus to have the black spots on an otherwise yellow and green flower. It is just this little extra that makes a nice flower to a special one. An other example: to me a pure plain green albine henryanum isn't as attractive as one with pale dark spots. If I could get an albine helenae with red hairs in the center of the flower I would immediately give away all the albine helenae just to get such a wrong albino form!

No, Jens, the albine form of venustum isn't called 'bohlmannianum'. It is the albino form of fairrieanum that is called fma. bohlmannianum.
Sorry, that was, indeed, a lapse - you are of course right, Chris! The albino form of venustum is fma. measuresianum!
I apologize, first and foremost to the two venerable gentlemen, whose names I got so shamefully mixed up! 🤥

Btw. In case you need to get rid of you "boring" henryanum album, I would be happy to help you out in that respect, Chris! 😁

Last edited:
Lovely flower as well as the photo (like always). Furthermore I looked of more of yourlovely photo on your homepage and I think it's the angle in which you took many photos which makes many flowers look more 'chunky' than they are in reality. 👍

Latest posts

Back