Paph urbanianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a first bloom sib-cross seedling I obtained from the Paph House during their closing sale. I got it as a tiny seedling and put it in s/h in August of '07 and it decided that it liked it enough to bloom for me. It's not too bad for a first bloom.

urbanianum.jpg

Thanks guys, it's not as nice as Peter's awarded one(by far!) but the staminode is very cool on this species. Roy, if you find a photo of that cross, please post it. It sounds interesting.

This is a first bloom sib-cross seedling ......It's not too bad for a first bloom.
Candace, you are understating. It's a real nice urbanianum and I'm impressed you grew it within slightly less then 1 year to flowering size. Congrats !!
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Thanks guys, it's not as nice as Peter's awarded one(by far!) but the staminode is very cool on this species. Roy, if you find a photo of that cross, please post it. It sounds interesting.

Candace,
I just got a div. of Peter's awarded clone 'Jean' and I think Peter would agree with me that yours could compete easly for it's own award:)

Candace,
I just got a div. of Peter's awarded clone 'Jean' and I think Peter would agree with me that yours could compete easly for it's own award

Ah, so you're the lucky devil who bought the division. I was in bed those few days with the flu and missed out on it. Next time maybe!

Ah, so you're the lucky devil who bought the division. I was in bed those few days with the flu and missed out on it. Next time maybe!

Hey, don't let that get you down (in bed) I'll be more then happy to sell you half of what I got for twice the price!:D
But really Peter did me good, big div w/ 2 blooms and they came in prefect condition.

Latest posts

Back