Paph. urbanianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musa

Reaction score
Finally i took some pics of my urbanianum. I love the striped staminodium. Strange look to me the tridenticulate apex of the petals.
Unfortunately I got sloppy in pest monitoring, so it has an infestation of spidermites (tenuipalpidae).
Michael

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2061.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG

What's not to like about this species. It's got a colorful flower, attractive foliage, and is easy to grow and bloom. Well done. Hope you can get a handle on the spidermites.

Thanks!
Mine is from Germany.
I think I'll got controll over the spidermites, there are no individuals alive, the remaining eggs I keep an eye on, I can't remove them without damaging the plant. Of course it is in quarantaine.
Michael

Ozpaph, I control regularly with a magnifying glass, in this case I could remove the oldest leaf and used a mikroscope. Therefor I'm sure it is the family Tenuipalpidae. It looks like Tenuipalpus or Brevipalpus but that is already guesswork.
I was not able to remove them mecanically without damaging the plant itself, so I used Acequinocyl. All individuals were dead but there are still eggs. In two/three days I'll spray with fenpyroximat to avoid resistances. The other plants on the same board are treated as well.
If you have any advice, I'm glad to hear about. I'm really terrified of spidermites.
Michael

Latest posts

Back