Paph Tropical Magic

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another Tropical Magic (primulinum x henryanum). This one has a little better form on dorsal.
PaphTropicalMagic1-1.jpg

Very nice.

Will it still be possible in 50 year's time after a lot of breeding to recognize the parents in the offspring?

You can see more henryanum than primulinum.

Ramon:)

henryanum seems to be fairly dominant for color and shape, which is what I was hoping for. The primulinum adds vigor and two or three flowers per stem. These seedlings have been very vigorous, with about a dozen having bloomed or come into bud in two years or less. Half were deflasked in Feb. of 2006 and the other half in April of 2006.

This I like very much. The plants seems very dark, are you growing this in a lot of shade?

I think the picture makes the foliage look darker than it really is, although it is fairly dark. Because of the cold weather, I'm taking these pictures in the house. For exposure settings, I've been using the spot meter on the flower. I grow these under florescent lights. The plants were deflasked in February and April of 2006.

Latest posts

Back