Paph. Transvaal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Got this one looooong ago from a dear friend who got the original plant as a seedling from Rands back in the late 70's. It's definitely not the best one I've seen, but it's full of sentimental value and a faithful bloomer.

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Jon

Paphs Transvaal, Vanguard & Caroline Hands are probably some of the most reliable multi floral Paphs around. Prime Child seems to be following the same way. They may have been around for a long while and I think because of that, growers pass them over. I also think that not enough has been done with them in breeding. Trends seem to have gone to the roth' style flowers that are not as reliable or easy as the Transvaal type. I bought some time ago a cross, Transvaal x lowii, I bought 8 and wished for more.
Just my thoughts, Roy.

Also got Paph. Prime Child 'Mem. Ethel Cox' AM/AOS in bloom, only one flower open so far, stay tuned for pics in a few days. It also came from the same guy and originally came from Rand's as well.

Jon

Latest posts

Back