Paph tranlienianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
cute little guy..I like the chocolate color...

dscn2574yg4.jpg

Hi Sangii,

Don't care about visions others see in this species. It's a really nice one and tame!!!:wink:
I'm proud to grow one but unfortunately it decided not to flower this year so I will wait for next year.
I'm just wondering how it could hide itself from the eyes of orchid hunters such a long time - it was described just in 1998!!
Best regards from Germany, GuRu.

Rick said:
Very nice.

Does it have any picky requirements?

well I have had it for over a year so hard to tell exactly but I grow it warm, together with helenae and they are not really fussy or anything. bark + gravel + limestone potting mix, kept moist, high humidity in th GH...

I understand why some people might think it has a Cyclop look !

one of the things I like the most about this species besides its miniature size is its furry dorsal....

I think one of the reasons it remained unknown for such a longtime is that it is so tiny and growing in quite remote locations

Last edited:
I like it. Never seen this species before "in the flesh" so to speak ... but I have one with two buds maturing. Will post when open.
Thanks your photo increases my anticipation.
Cheers,
Tim

Latest posts

Back