Paph tranlienianum sibs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 first blooms 5 years out of flask:

Paphtranlienianumsibs.jpg

--Stephen

I like that pink colour a lot! Usually P. tranlienianum become pink when the flower is old and starts fading. This flower probably has been more brown in the beginning, isn't it?

I like that pink colour a lot! Usually P. tranlienianum become pink when the flower is old and starts fading. This flower probably has been more brown in the beginning, isn't it?
That's the weird thing - it opened up purple. The bloom in this photo is only about a week old and hasn't changed since opening.

Looks like the staminode is different on this plant also.

Huh, I didn't even notice that. But yes, the umbo is distinctly green whereas the others had solid yellow staminodes. I'll take some close-ups when I get the plant back Tuesday.

Hopefully in a year or two this one will bloom with one of the two I kept from the first photo. I'd love to see them side-by-side.

Lol... I just scoured the net for photos and it appears that about half of the tranlienianum have a green umbo.

Lol... I just scoured the net for photos and it appears that about half of the tranlienianum have a green umbo.

Did you see any purple blooms? I'm wondering if this bloom just has its expression of yellow suppressed. The normal brown coloration may just be a mixture of purple and yellow.

Back