Paph tonsum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen Tonsum that big also.
But there seems to be a whole "midget" population.

I'm interested to see how big this plant gets over the years.
Carol, keep it alive and let us know! :)

Cheers!

I have seen Tonsum that big also.
But there seems to be a whole "midget" population.

I'm interested to see how big this plant gets over the years.
Carol, keep it alive and let us know! :)

Cheers!

I think this species is easy to stunt rather than being normally midgets.

My the first growth mine bloomed on was also small, before I made my culture changes. I had a few previous attempts with plants that bloomed on small growths. But they stayed midgets and only held up for a few years.

So I hope yours holds up Carol:wink:

This one here is a first blooming plant, so it is definitely a midget not a stunted growth. :poke:

She picked one from many that were about the same size.

I believe many species in the section barbarta are naturally short lived.
There are odd balls that will live for a very long time or even clump up nicely, but it is definitely not as common as say, certain species in the section paphiopedilum do.

Small plant with a comparatively good sized bloom. I have found that first bloom seedlings can be small (ie tonsum can bloom on a very small plant first time round. My finding has been that if they do, they tend to struggle after the first blooming)
How big is the bloom?

Small plant with a comparatively good sized bloom. I have found that first bloom seedlings can be small (ie tonsum can bloom on a very small plant first time round. My finding has been that if they do, they tend to struggle after the first blooming)
How big is the bloom?

Flower size is 11 cm width x 8 cm height

Latest posts

Back