Paph Todd Eckel 'Angels Call'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd Eckel was an orchid enthusiast suffering from multiple auto immune conditions. I met him a couple summers ago and named this orchid for him. Just as this particular flower was starting to open last week, Todd passed away. His funeral service is tomorrow. Paph Todd Eckel = (Barbi-Doll X Honeycomb Creek)

That is a striking flower. It's got great "complex" qualities and yet, it's also got the exotic charms of the species. Great choice of parents! I hope your friend got to see it open before he passed. He'd surely be very pleased. Nice tribute to your friend.

What a lovely flower! Is this one out of that specific cross you showed us here some years ago or did you repeat the cross?
I would like to see the whole plant. Is it more on the small site of Barbi-Doll?
Did you try to use it for hybridizing yet?

What a lovely flower! Is this one out of that specific cross you showed us here some years ago or did you repeat the cross?
I would like to see the whole plant. Is it more on the small site of Barbi-Doll?
Did you try to use it for hybridizing yet?

I have bloomed quite a few. They all from the original cross. This one and one other show strong influence from the fairrieanum grandparent. The plant size on this one is about mid way between Barbi-Doll and Honeycomb Creek. Some have been much smaller, but the flower quality has not been great. I have not bred with any, yet.

I hope his journey is a peaceful one.
Gorgeous orchid!!

Latest posts

Back