Paph. tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

This tigrinum is a first bloom from a flask I bought from Hengduan 6 years ago. The flask had 6 seedlings in it. 1 sickly one died almost immediately and I lost another to crown rot along the way. They're all BS now and 1 other in is low spike. The other 2 don't look like they'll be blooming this year.

\

--Stephen

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Wow, I would say this is a very good one, Stephen. Hopefully the next one, which is in spike now, will be such a beauty too. Good luck.

Guldal

Reaction score
WAUW....what a stunner: glorious dorsal and extremely good colours... look at that pouch and those spectacular sepals! Congrats!

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
What a journey during the six years! I applaud your growing techniques and patience. Well done.

Good colors on this flower. Form and size will improve when plant is stronger and multi-growth.

setaylien

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

This tigrinum is a first bloom from a flask I bought from Hengduan 6 years ago. The flask had 6 seedlings in it. 1 sickly one died almost immediately and I lost another to crown rot along the way. They're all BS now and 1 other in is low spike. The other 2 don't look like they'll be blooming this year.

\

--Stephen
Great flower but too big for such a young plant to maintain for long: you could lose it. I would cut the flower right now.

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Great flower but too big for such a young plant to maintain for long: you could lose it. I would cut the flower right now.
The flower is leaning forward, so it's making the plant look a lot smaller than it really is.

Justin

Reaction score
This is super awesome. Great growing. I am missing some of these in my collection!

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
#2 has bloomed! Not quite as nice as #1, but still lovely. And #3 seems to be in very low spike. So good news all around. Probably only going to keep 1 or 2 when all is said and done, but it's good to have choices.

--Stephen

Latest posts