Paph. tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
This is my favorite non-multifloral species...and in the running for favorite of the genus. I got it from Heather a while back and after being in sheath for what seems like years it is finally in bloom.

It's growing in my usual mix of half Hydroton and half Growdan GrowCubes in an aircone pot.

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3430-1.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

Jon

Blasted 4 sheaths in 2 years? That's normal for tigrinum. Once it settles in, and in my case it was 2- 3 bloom cycles, it becomes more reliable. Take care, Eric

Oh man! That is the only paph that I have always wanted but never had. I guess I can only wish. That plant looks very happy and the blooms are beautiful as usual, great job!

Wow, now I'm drooling. I've been wanting one to add to the collection for awhile. Do you have any specifics on growing conditions? Interesting growing media too. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

That's fantastic Jon.

Mine have both blasted their first bloom attempts. (Both single growth seedlings). But they are adding growths like crazy so now I'm re-inspired.

Beautiful. I have been wanting one of these for some time ... and finally I have a young plant. I hope I can keep it going.
Cheers,
Tim

I've seen the rock wool cubes at the hydroponic store, and Piping Rock uses them but I think they would get messy and full of algae w/ my growing method. How do you fiind them to work?

Latest posts

Back