• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdupont

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one? Preferably a small one. I know it's hard to grow from seed, etc., but I don't want to break the bank!

Not sure what "breaking the bank is to you" but I got a seedling from Laima at Lucky Girl a while back. Hengduan always has them on their list though I cannot recall what size.
They are certainly around.

I was just hoping to spend like up to $60, though I know that might not be reasonable for tigrinum.

My .02 cents USA...
Why get the cheapest when you can get a healthy, established orchid from a reputable vendor? Plain and simple an orchid will only be as strong as it's genetics... so get a quality plant even if it means spending a bit more than you budgeted. Don't put yourself behind the eight ball right off the bat.
Besides an established single or double growth tigrinum will be much easier for you to grow and be successful with then a seedling.

Hope that helps,
Jake

I just found one for $65 from a reputable vendor..... Just didn't want to spend $125 if I didn't have to.

Where did u find it for 65$?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Last week or so, I saw someone(U.S) on ebay selling BS/NBS seedlings for around $30

Last week or so, I saw someone(U.S) on ebay selling BS/NBS seedlings for around $30

Seedlings, or seeds? I saw the seeds listing, but not plants.

I got mine for $70 from Hengduan, NBS. Had to ask them for a NBS b/c they were selling BS for $100, but I didn't want to pay that.

Seedlings, or seeds? I saw the seeds listing, but not plants.

I can't be sure if it was seeds or seedlings now you raised a good question.

I sold mine(a 3-4 growths plant) for $75 a year ago. I guess someone got a good deal.

I can't be sure if it was seeds or seedlings now you raised a good question.

I sold mine(a 3-4 growths plant) for $75 a year ago. I guess someone got a good deal.
Do u have more available for 75$? I would love to get one.

Do u have more available for 75$? I would love to get one.

Sorry, I don't have any. I only had one and I wish I didn't sell it, but at that time, I was selling my entire orchid collection, about 800-900 plants(various genera)....

Anyone know where I can get one? Preferably a small one. I know it's hard to grow from seed, etc., but I don't want to break the bank!
Check marlow orchid website. They have seedling for 70.

And if you are in ithaca you can drive there easily. Always recommend visiting their business. If i've forgotten and you are near utica, its still an easy day trip on the thruway

I bought many plants from them when I lived up there, and any problems i had were not from quality, but mu having too many plants crammed into my carts and not enough time to pay attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back