Paph. tigrinum 'Peanut' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't, I bought it in a group of seedlings a couple of years ago from an ebay seller just labeled as the species. The first to bloom was pretty unremarkable so this was a nice surprise.
Was this from the batch around ~ April 2020, seedlings were $75 each, root systems were pretty unimpressive, I think shipped from... Hawaii? Wondering because I got one of those and it has been pretty quiet since I got it! Hasn't grown much. Yours is so lovely.

Also what mix do you have it in, is that rockwool in there? Do you grow it warmer or cooler? How wet does it stay? Thanks!

Was this from the batch around ~ April 2020, seedlings were $75 each, root systems were pretty unimpressive, I think shipped from... Hawaii? Wondering because I got one of those and it has been pretty quiet since I got it! Hasn't grown much. Yours is so lovely.

Also what mix do you have it in, is that rockwool in there? Do you grow it warmer or cooler? How wet does it stay? Thanks!

I think I got it in 2018 or early 2019 but I can't search that far back. It is in rockwool and perlite but I'm hesitant to give any culture tips because I don't feel like I really have them dialed in yet. My collection is primarily multis so I keep my greenhouse warm and everything is watered and fed year-round. Like pretty much everyone else I struggle to keep a good root system on my tigs and the sheaths blast more often than not, my award was more luck than skill to be perfectly honest. I'm going to try wintering them in our Aloe house this year to see how they respond to a cooler, drier rest period.

Latest posts

Back