Paph tigrinum experiment...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

For those of you with slow connections, this will take a couple of minutes to load... sorry!

This is an idea that I've been thinking about for quite a while, but have only just started experimenting with. As you can see, I still have a few bugs to work out.... I'm just playing around at this point.

I don't know how to post it all here directly this time, so here's the link...

http://www.goreorchidconservatory.com/SpecPgs/testing/index.html

Hope you enjoy this as much as me :)

- Matt

That's pretty cool! Gives you a great view on the all-around flower shape and color... thanks Matt!

-Pat

If it isn't immediately obvious, you can click on the image and grab it to control the view :)

Thanks Mahon!

Matt

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now:

How many photos did it take?
How long did it take you?
When can you have the next species done?

it's a bird! it's a plane! it's a flying tigrinum!!

gore42 said:
If it isn't immediately obvious, you can click on the image and grab it to control the view...
Matt

thanks. it wasn't.

Thats fantastic, Matt!

Please do share how you did that!

Kyle

Nice video Matt. I've tried to make similar videos on photoshop after effects. I was a pain causeI had no digital video camera then and had to take pictures from ever single angle of the rotation. With my skills the video came out fairly choppy. But it was cool cause I was able to fudge around with the pictures with photoshop capabilities.

There are several ways to do this... I have been thinking about using Quicktime, and I might still, but I think that the Flash plugin is more common; most people already have it installed. Anyway, I used Flash this time.

The photography process was pretty simple. I put the plant on my computer chair (which swivels) and tried to center the bloom. Then I took 26 photos, each time, turning the chair a bit. Then I reduced them in size in photoshop, and arranged them in the Flash plugin.

It will also be possible to make multiple vertical levels, so that you can drag the image from left to right AND up and down, to get a full 3D image. That will take more time and precision, though, and I'm still just playing around.

One day, I hope to have Something like this for all of my species :) I'll have to make them as they start blooming this year.

- Matt

Very cool, Matt! Excellent job!

I thought just about everyone had Quicktime these days. It's free, except for Quicktime Pro.

Thanks guys!

I've been playing around with it a bit more, and have decided to remove the leaves and junk in the background. They just made it cluttered and hard to track, I thought. So, now i'ts cleaned up a bit, although heavey-handedly. As many of you know, I can't differentiate between black and several shades of dark grey on my monitor, so I don't know how ugly the clean up job really is, but it looks ok to me :):):)

I also stuck it on a different page... the update is here:
http://www.goreorchidconservatory.com/SpecPgs/testing/tigrinumspin.html

- Matthew

Hey Matt,

I am on a laptop with a nuclear blast bright screen, and it looks a little rough. I see quite a few artifacts and leaf remnants.

But for all intents and purposes, it still looks ok. My avatar may be too dark for all of you on darker monitors, since i edited it on my laptop. Dang monitors!

PHRAG said:
Hey Matt,

I am on a laptop with a nuclear blast bright screen, and it looks a little rough. I see quite a few artifacts and leaf remnants.

But for all intents and purposes, it still looks ok. My avatar may be too dark for all of you on darker monitors, since i edited it on my laptop. Dang monitors!
P - yeah, you're too dark, dude. ; )

About 3/4 of the way around, there are a fair number of leaves still showing, Matt.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case... if the background were truly black, the file sizes would have been a lot smaller :) Anyway, I'm just messing around for now... so I may not bother fixing this one, but I'll make a nice one at some point.

- Matthew

Latest posts

Back