Paph. tigrinum 'Dana'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My current max/min is 24/31 which is approximately 75/86. No cool nights here. I really don't let any plant dry out ever. I've gotten into more trouble letting plants dry then I care to remember.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I did not know this species grows on trees in situ. Huh? Cool! So, it seems that through trial and error, I managed to figure out that growing it like an epiphyte is what it really likes/needs. 'Glad I didn't kill it in the process of learning what to do. It's really happy now; so, I'm looking forward to it finally being able to clump and producing more than one flower at a time in future years.

Actually Cribb and others have in situ pics both on the ground (steep incline though).

It seems about as adaptable as lowii that is found both terrestrially and epiphytically.

I wonder if there are distinct variants that are more specific to epiphytic life rather than terrestrial cliff dwelling? In either case the drainage rates would be high.

Actually Cribb and others have in situ pics both on the ground (steep incline though).

It seems about as adaptable as lowii that is found both terrestrially and epiphytically.

I wonder if there are distinct variants that are more specific to epiphytic life rather than terrestrial cliff dwelling? In either case the drainage rates would be high.

There seems to definitely be 2 variations that I've seen. One with straight leaves (like yours and John's) and one with curved leaves.(like mine)http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39414 What that means I don't know. I have 4 clones, 3 curved and 1 straight. :confused:

There seems to definitely be 2 variations that I've seen. One with straight leaves (like yours and John's) and one with curved leaves.(like mine)http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39414 What that means I don't know. I have 4 clones, 3 curved and 1 straight. :confused:

You might be right Mike, I have not noticed that myself, but after checking, it seems that you are right. The ones from Hengduan are the straight leaved version it seems. At least mine are. I have another lot from another source, all curved, so probably something genetic.

Latest posts

Back