Paph. tigrinum ( 4 flowers!!! )

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Marc,
dry, cool season makes sense. Personally I treat them similarly, but water overhead with a hose. No signs yet of bud-blast, the buds have started to come up. But I have an issue with rot (erwinia?) when temperatures increase.

I had the same issue with mine, rot. Once I got the erwinia stopped ( cut out bad stuff) watered sparingly through winter. To my surprise in the spring during re-potting I had gotten lots of new roots. Now in a mixture of tree fern, chopped fine, orchiata#5 and hydroton balls at 2:1:1 Now aways damp/wet, no more issues with rot (so far)

Wow! That's stunning! Excellent culture and beautiful photos to boot!

-Zach

It's rare to see many specimen sized paphs in general, but I've never seen a tigrinum specimen like yours. Well done![/QUOTE

You should look up some of Matt Gore's old threads.:wink:

But it is rare to see multi bloom tigrinums anywhere. Great job Marc!!

Thanks, appears to me that they need an "airier" mix than most.
B

I went to basket culture, and with low K they went nuts.

In basket culture, you may get cooler roots too. I also had them in SH for a while (pre low K) and they did pretty good (root wise) that way too.

Awesome. I have never seen such a well grown or flowered tiger. Hope you can post again when it flowers next year.

congrats on this beauty are you going to self it

I wasn't planning on doing this, allthough the plant is established and strong and should be able to handle it.

As a rule I always try to flower a new plant in my collection one time before I start fiddling with pollen and toothpicks.

Found this thread, can you give us an update please? Hope that wonderful plant is still ok, and prospering?

Found this thread, can you give us an update please? Hope that wonderful plant is still ok, and prospering?

If we gets back in contact with Marc, I will ask him if he adds some dolomite in its substrate ... because its time to repot mine.

Back