Paph thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! Nice!! I will be waiting anxiously for the time I can see your paph clonal name and reminisce...

Beautifull flower... very nice touch with the soft pink flush, that is just viewable in the dorsal!

The double meaning of the clonal name ('White Crown' in latin and a comment on the current situation) might be a bit more fun to consider for those of us, who get through the pandemic unscathed. For the rest it might be more a remembrance of the fact, that the colour white traditionally is being associated with grief in Korea (I think it is)?

Rick, that's a lovely flower especially with the faint purple in the dorsal. As to your clonal name, If there wasn't this actual corona crisis I would say 'What a nice name'...but we have this corona crisis at the moment and I say 'What a nice name'. :D

Rick, that's a lovely flower especially with the faint purple in the dorsal. As to your clonal name, If there wasn't this actual corona crisis I would say 'What a nice name'...but we have this corona crisis at the moment and I say 'What a nice name'. :D
I re-read the posts and was curious about this faint pink cast in the dorsal. It turns out the dorsal is white on the front. Some back lighting coming through the flower shows the maroon coloring on the back of the dorsal coming through making it look pink on the front :rolleyes:

Hmmm never knew they were fragrant? I have to check mine when it comes into bloom again. I wonder if it’s like delenatii where only some are fragrant?
FWIW - I smelled 15 thaianums (from different sources) at 8:15am this morning and only 2 of the 15 were fragrant. Will try again in a couple of hours to see if anything changed. :)

Back