Paph thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYEric said:
Blah, blah, blah.. If you could get it into the USA you'd make a mint. [AKA LOTS O' BUCKS!]
No blah, blah, blah at all NYEric,

as you can see on the photo a parcel with Paph. thaianum (in the foreground) and another Paph arrived today!!! I unpacked them completely after taking the photo.
paph_thaianum_new.jpg

And why should I bring it to the USA (if it was possible) I'm luckier to have it here with me and you can keep your Bucks.:rollhappy:

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Congratulation on your new paphs, GuRu!

As to your earlier question, That P. niveum is relatively large, yes! Keep in mind that P. niveum has been around for ages, and has been subjected to "improvement" breeding for so long. While, most (or all?) of P. thaianum has been around for just a few years.

There has been "said" that actually P. thaianum came in contact with civilization long time ago. However, due to its size (and maybe poor arrival condition), there were thought of being poor shaped and sized P. niveum. As a result, nobody wanted it.

Truemadman

I was only refering to all the blah blah about pouch sizes. You're lucky. One of the benefits of CITES regulations is that it prevents the biggest consumer of import products in the World [although China is foolishly following us down the road of conspicuous consumtion] from sucking the world dry of it's natural orchid resources.

GuRu said:
And why should I bring it to the USA (if it was possible) I'm luckier to have it here with me and you can keep your Bucks.:rollhappy:

Best regards from Germany, GuRu
As Mae West once said, "Anyone who tells you 'Money can't buy you Love' just doesn't know where to shop!":evil:

NYEric said:
I was only refering to all the blah blah about pouch sizes. You're lucky. One of the benefits of CITES regulations is that it prevents the biggest consumer of import products in the World [although China is foolishly following us down the road of conspicuous consumtion] from sucking the world dry of it's natural orchid resources.

I believe that if you will study the records you will find that the Untied Kingdom is the largest importer of wild products, ....and they have been for years.

Latest posts

Back