Paph thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the publisher of Schlechteriana. In the best days, 130 people subscribed. But eveyone wanted it for free. Including certain people in Paris.

The same happens to each and every journal.

But as far as what we are talking about, this does not matter. As I have explained, the people who ask for a scan of a certain article have no intention whatsoever to subscribe to any journal. The same for books. I have never refused to share pages out of my books on the internet. What do you want us authors to do if someone asks for information? Do you want us to say: "I am not telling you, go buy my book" or do you want us to say "Well, I could scan it for you, but I wont, go subscribe". If we did so, you would be the first to yell:"Arrogant" "Scandal" etc. (and in fact, you did so repeatedly. You were one of the people that demanded that I and all those working with me were not to be asked to speak in Dijon and on other occasions).

Just try to use your brain. Sometimes it helps.

And people should know that I post this answer for the sake of other people. Mr. Paphjoint surely does not mention that he was kicked off from another forum for claiming that I was a thief and never responding to my demand for proof. So far for the "Good Manners" of Mr. Uri Baruk alias Paphjoint.

And this may also give an idea why I do only participate in forums sporadically. Most people want my expertise, but they don't want my opinion. Sorry, the one does not go without the other.

But you are right. How foolish can I be when I keep offering my help and experise in spite people such as Mr. Baruk and get kicked in the .... for it.

Prof. Braem

paphjoint said:
Oh Yes ?
Ok so what's good in subscribing to orchid magazines if you can just download the articles a few month later on the internet?

How foolish can you be ?

Come on my old friend - once again you're not telling the thruth ,

I left the ogd for the same reason as did Dr Joseph Arditti- that is because of you - I was not kicked off - just ask Kenneth

- whereas to your babbling about Dijon I do not have the slightest idea of what you're talking about - you must be into another paranoia trip - take your pills man, take your pills.

Braem said:
I was the publisher of Schlechteriana. In the best days, 130 people subscribed. But eveyone wanted it for free. Including certain people in Paris.

The same happens to each and every journal.

But as far as what we are talking about, this does not matter. As I have explained, the people who ask for a scan of a certain article have no intention whatsoever to subscribe to any journal. The same for books. I have never refused to share pages out of my books on the internet. What do you want us authors to do if someone asks for information? Do you want us to say: "I am not telling you, go buy my book" or do you want us to say "Well, I could scan it for you, but I wont, go subscribe". If we did so, you would be the first to yell:"Arrogant" "Scandal" etc. (and in fact, you did so repeatedly. You were one of the people that demanded that I and all those working with me were not to be asked to speak in Dijon and on other occasions).

Just try to use your brain. Sometimes it helps.

And people should know that I post this answer for the sake of other people. Mr. Paphjoint surely does not mention that he was kicked off from another forum for claiming that I was a thief and never responding to my demand for proof. So far for the "Good Manners" of Mr. Uri Baruk alias Paphjoint.

And this may also give an idea why I do only participate in forums sporadically. Most people want my expertise, but they don't want my opinion. Sorry, the one does not go without the other.

But you are right. How foolish can I be when I keep offering my help and experise in spite people such as Mr. Baruk and get kicked in the .... for it.

Prof. Braem

All right.
Both of you. Uri and Guido - take it private, don't bring your old feud to this forum please.

No more name calling or character defamation.
You've been warned, and I'm getting weary of having to warn people in these taxonomy threads. The discussions have been valuable to other forum members, I hope we can continue them, but leave the personal B.S. out of it. (I'm speaking to everyone here...)

I gotta go with Heather on this.

To the general public:
I realize not everyone can get along on a personal level, but please keep the disagreements constructive and focused on the subject at hand. Disagreements about how to classify a plant can be very valuable and give multiple viewpoints for everyone to see a bigger picture from. But, disagreements based on bad blood or general dislike for someone help no one...no matter how true and/or contructively said those criticisms might be. Making others look bad makes you look bad, and I don't want anyone looking bad here. You are free to announce your disagreements with eachother by Personal Messages, and if that doesn't resolve it, nothing probably will so feel free to add the other person to your ignore list. If you do it in public view, then we have to do something about it, and I KNOW none of us wants to make any decisions like that again.

To Guido and Uri:
I really value both of your opinions, experiences, expertises, and time on this forum. I personally am very proud to have you both posting on here! I won't ask you guys to bury the hatchet or anything like that, but please do your best to keep your posts about the topics and not about eachother. That's all I ask.

Jon

Paph thaianum image

fyi:

click here

hope this helps....I think this looks like a natural hybrid...that niveum staminode is quite obvious, and reminiscent of other things (Albion comes to mind...)

-tim

Dear Tim,
Paph. thaianum is smaller than all the other related species and typical for this species are the big points inside the lip.
Can you tell me which other species would produce together with niveum so a plant.

I think it is really a distinct species. But let us see more plants in flower then you will change also your mind.

Best greetings

Olaf

I agree with Olaf, what species located in Thailand would produce such a hybrid with niveum? The morphology of the flowers does show a relationship with niveum, but this could easily just be a close relative. I would like to see a population of these plants to determine if this clone is typical or an aberration.

tim said:
fyi:

click here

hope this helps....I think this looks like a natural hybrid...that niveum staminode is quite obvious, and reminiscent of other things (Albion comes to mind...)

-tim

It does have a funny staminode...

Latest posts

Back