Paph thaianum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're very cute and probably would bring their small size to hybrids if vigorous strains can be made. I would like to have a bunch but so far have not had much luck keeping them alive. :(

I pollinated this plant today. While at the weekend markets here in Bangkok I saw a Paph micranthum in bloom.. Sadly it was more than a bit deformed, or I would have bought it to put pollen too.

Yes, I agree, great potential to make micro paphs here.

Brett

Gorgeous!

Hi Bolero

I will be bringing about 4 flasks (100 seedlings) of these back with me to Australia, so you will see some around soon enough. I finally got some Mexipedium xerophyticum in flask also (wild form).

Brett

Eric, what are you growing them in? They seem to need a very ricky mix. Mine is bits of broken brick, coarse pebbles, a little organics, but not a lot.

Hi Breet and anyone!
I'am a paph collector and hybridizer from Thailand. Well, I have some detail for you. Paph thaianum must have a pink spot in the pouch and the last of your picture is a dwarf of paph godefroyae!!! It is mix up with paph thaianum growing in the nature.
San

Hi Breet and anyone!
I'am a paph collector and hybridizer from Thailand. Well, I have some detail for you. Paph thaianum must have a pink spot in the pouch and the last of your picture is a dwarf of paph godefroyae!!! It is mix up with paph thaianum growing in the nature.
San

Hi San

I kind of guessed this might be so. Do you do any flasking of Paphs?

Brett

Hi Breet and anyone!
San
That is a good bit of information! Thanks, San. And welcome to Slippertalk.

Hello San,
If both godefroyae and thaianum can be together in nature, how to be sure it's not just a variation of this species? they should hybridize together, unless they don't bloom at the same time?
Thanks,
Paul

Very nice! Does anyone else see a resemblance to Mexipedium? Not a lot, but it is there. Tall, slender spike; pure white, small flower. The shape is a bit different, though, but not a lot. I don't know, but I just saw a similarity when I saw this. Would be interesting to see the two in bloom together.

One of my thaianum is finally throwing out 2 spikes. Will see if they look different from the other thaianum.

Latest posts

Back