Paph thaianum, back from the dead!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it necessary to repot a plant that has been reported in an inorganic media on a yearly basis like those in a bark based media?
Not really. Only if you think the plant is having an issue. Even growing in an organic mix its not mandatory to repot every year. Its all about finding a balance between your growing style and a plant's good health. In fact I believe the fewer times a plant needs repotted is a reflection of the great culture its been given.

Thanks!
My records are not accurate. May of 2016 is the only date on the tag. That's when I bought it and I had culture issues then. Its probably been 2 years in this setup.

Is it necessary to repot a plant that has been reported in an inorganic media on a yearly basis like those in a bark based media?

An inorganic potting medium can't decompose or decay....so there won't be a reason for regularly repotting. Their might be two reason for repotting.....if the potting mix doesn't work or if the plant gets too big for the pot. The latter is the better one. I think too as Rick already mentioned...the less repotting the better. BTW I grow some of my Paphs more than 10 years in the same mix and pot.

Thank you, purchased some brachy’s in clay balls recently. They seem to be growing very well in the balls.

Latest posts

Back