Paph Temptation

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyquec

Reaction score
I purchased this Paph Temptation from Bill at Woodstream Orchids a few months ago and just wanted to share this beautiful orchid.

The first 2 were taken with my iPhone the last with my Nikon so I used 2 different cameras and both show the same color.

Of course they do - the light source didn't change.
Look at the the shadows of the leaves in the first photograph - that is never an accurate colour.

The plant and blooms are purple!!! That is the color!!!! It is a purple st. Swithin!!!! Modern breeding!!!

Maybe the black backdrop is influencing the color. I have a photo from outside with no backdrop I'll post tomorrow.

Maybe the black backdrop is influencing the color. I have a photo from outside with no backdrop I'll post tomorrow.

The black background might influence the exposure, but not the color. That is either the lighting or camera issues. Photographing outdoors might be good -- that should be natural light. But be careful of direct sunlight.

Here is one taken outside

Here is a photo from inside that I applied whitelight balance to

The only issue with both of these is that the purple is deeper than these photos

Back