Paph Susan Booth 'Paracombe'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
My plant fell apart into 3 pieces a few years ago when I repotted it.Here they all are flowering at the same time. The syncronisation of the flowering was pretty amazing. Despite being separate plants in different parts of the greenhouse, the first bud of all three plants began opening on the same day.

This plant has never been awarded but the flower quality compares favourably with SB 'Highercombe' AM/AOC (which I also have and comes from the same flask). I guess the big difference is that 'Highercombe was awarded with 5 flowers. I have never got more than three flowers on this clone, but the middle plant has two enormous growths which I'm confident will get at least 4 flowers next year. The middle plant is growing in a large basket.

Susan%20Booth%20paracombe%202017.jpg

It's time for the Australian EBay for one of them to get some of your investment back.

Beautiful David.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's time for the Australian EBay for one of them to get some of your investment back.

Beautiful David.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I have been thinking about that. I need to free up the space. I might wait till I have flowered those big growths next season. It should put on a good display and show the plant at its best.

Great photo to capture a special moment of all three perfectly open like this! Keeping my fingers crossed for your middle plant getting more than 3 flowers!
Interesting that the basket one has grown the best! Culture tip : )

Great photo to capture a special moment of all three perfectly open like this! Keeping my fingers crossed for your middle plant getting more than 3 flowers!
Interesting that the basket one has grown the best! Culture tip : )

I did the same thing with a St Swithin clone that split into two - one went in a normal pot and the other in a large basket. The plant in the basket has the most beautiful large growth you could imagine. The leaves are wider and longer and very erect. I'm looking forward to seeing it in flower.

Latest posts

Back