Paph Susan Booth 'Paracombe'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I've been slowly building this plant back up after it fell apart into several small pieces four years a go. It has been so long since I have flowered it nicely that I'd forgotten what a wonderful clone it is. In fact this is is as good as I have flowered it I think. The flowers are big - 15cm petals and the dorsal is 5 cm wide - which compares favourably with the roth I just flowered.

Paph Susan Booth 'Paracombe' (rothschildianum x praestans)

I concur with the others. That's particularly nice. I like the consistency of the light, yellowish base coloration of the flowers and the stripes. The stripes are stunning.

Great clone David, and of course well flowered! The 'honey caramel' background tone is beautiful. Great shape and proportions with good flower presentation, an all round WOW!

That's a great looking plant, David, and the flowers are really impressive. I need to stop looking at all of the pictures on this website or my wish list is never going to stop growing. Congratulations on bringing this one back from the brink.

Steve

THAT IS A BEAUTY David! It looks better then my HCC clone.

The guy I got if off raised up a whole flask. One plant got an AM award and another HCC. I think this clone was just a bit behind those. I have seen the AM plant and it is not a lot different to mine. The big difference is that it was awarded with 5 flowers - I have never got more than 3. The other division of 'Paracombe' I have has two really nice large healthy growths that are still growing, so I'm hopeful I might get 4 flowers next season.

Stunning flower! Great save!!!

Congratulations on bringing this one back from the brink.

Steve

I don't think I was ever in danger of losing it. It was more along the lines of I have spent all these years getting it into a nice big clump and now I have to start all over again. That has taken 4 years and I still think it has a bit to go.

Back