Paph Susan Booth 'Paracombe' FCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the AMs and even HCCs are a little surprising to me given the high bar of roths these days.

List awards rothschildianum&type=1&Pag=0

I will say the roth Q'lander is spectacular and definitely FCC material if you ask me. If I recall it is 'Borneo' x self. My Borneo clone is in bud right now. (First time I will bloom this particular division I picked up just a couple years ago, as my first division died.) If it turns out to be true to label maybe I will buck the current trend and self it. :)

(Edit I can't get the link to work but David's original link above has an option to see the list of all awards for the species.)

Some of the AMs and even HCCs are a little surprising to me given the high bar of roths these days.

List awards rothschildianum&type=1&Pag=0

I will say the roth Q'lander is spectacular and definitely FCC material if you ask me. If I recall it is 'Borneo' x self. My Borneo clone is in bud right now. (First time I will bloom this particular division I picked up just a couple years ago, as my first division died.) If it turns out to be true to label maybe I will buck the current trend and self it. :)

(Edit I can't get the link to work but David's original link above has an option to see the list of all awards for the species.)

I don't disagree with you Justin. A lot of those roth clones are not anything special. We are a bit behind here I think. Growers are now starting to flower roths from better breeding, so I expect we will start to see higher quality roths awarded in future.

I don't disagree with you Justin. A lot of those roth clones are not anything special. We are a bit behind here I think. Growers are now starting to flower roths from better breeding, so I expect we will start to see higher quality roths awarded in future.

Yeah not intending to throw any shade :). And nothing takes away from any award.

It has been cool to see some of the stellar plants you are growing and your advancement over all these years. I wish I had your skills!

Back