Paph Susan Booth 'Paracombe' FCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful paph.!!!
How does the basket affect your watering? Have you already experience in repotting paphs in baskets? I could imagine that is quite difficult.

Michael

Michael - I water more in the basket. I try and keep the pots evenly moist. A basket allows you to water more with less risk of rotting the roots. I haven't had to repot huge numbers yet, but what I have hasn't proved too difficult. Sometimes the odd root might grow outside the pot, although I don't find that a significant issue. I am now using the water lilly baskets which have smaller holes. The roots rarely grow through these holes.

David

Hello David,
I haven't considered the small holes, the pots I have here have holes of 1,5 cm x 2 cm.
The results proof you are right!
thanks
Michael

Hello David,
I haven't considered the small holes, the pots I have here have holes of 1,5 cm x 2 cm.
The results proof you are right!
thanks
Michael

Those are seriously big holes. It would be hard to keep the mix in.

The baskets I use have holes that would only be a couple of mm's in size. They are used for garden ponds to grow aquatic plants in such as water lilies. They come in a range of sizes including really large ones for specimen plants.

Basket%20pots.jpg

Congrats on your first FCC. I like them both, but the Paracombe clone certainly looks better in my opinion. The other one has nicer colors.

By the way, with this basket, what potting mix are you using?
I see them at an Asian super market for quite cheap. I might get some later for some of my rambling plants. haha

Thanks for the pic of the baskets. Might bee my humidity is to low for baskets, i don't have a greenhouse, but I'll try it.
Michael

Congrats on your first FCC. I like them both, but the Paracombe clone certainly looks better in my opinion. The other one has nicer colors.

By the way, with this basket, what potting mix are you using?
I see them at an Asian super market for quite cheap. I might get some later for some of my rambling plants. haha

Thanks.

I line the pot with Sphagnum moss and use straight Orchiata bark. For 14 cm baskets, I use 9-12 cm bark. For larger baskets I use 12-18 cm bark.

Put it up again!!!
Keep the pollen, please!!!
I so want this on a good WBW etc

It already has an FCC and Australian hybrid of the year. Not much else to achieve. Anyway, too late as the flowers are all finished. So no pollen this year sorry. I should have a couple of WBW's seedlings ready to flower in a couple of years. Good breeding too (Sam and TON) from Brad. So I may be able to do that cross then.

Latest posts

Back