Paph Susan Booth 'Highercombe' AM/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Probably the best I have flowered this plant. A nice dark clone.

SB%20Highercombe%202022%202.jpg

SB%20Highercombe%202022.jpg

Majestic!

How do you stake it?

This clone is pretty good in that the flowers generally seem to naturally face the same direction and the flowers are well spaced so they don't fall over each other. With the multi's, I start staking as the first flower is opening. Then I continue staking the other flowers as they start opening. I leave the last flower as long as I can to ensure it sits as high as possible.

Are you benching it? The Canberra show is in two weeks time,I think.

I hope so. The Canberra show is on in 2 and a half weeks. Hopefully it will last until then. Most of my multi's have flowered very early this year. It is still winter here. I ended up putting my summer shade cloth on a month early to try and keep the greenhouse relatively cool to prolong the flowers. Hopefully it works. As nice as this Susan Booth is, I don't think it would beat my Bel Royal currently in flower. But time will tell.

The only problem for me is the 5 hrs drive…….but I would like to come.

That would be seriously keen. We are not a huge society but we are well known for growing more unusual orchids that are not often seen at other shows. It is not a show full of Cymbidiums and Phalaenopsis.

That would be seriously keen. We are not a huge society but we are well known for growing more unusual orchids that are not often seen at other shows. It is not a show full of Cymbidiums and Phalaenopsis.
Interesting…..I am seriously thinking…..will there be any paphs for sale?

Interesting…..I am seriously thinking…..will there be any paphs for sale?

Maybe, there is generally a couple of vendors. Not sure who yet. Although I wouldn't expect a huge number. As Stephen commented, the AOCC would be a better option. I am sure there will be lots there for sale.

Latest posts

Back