Paph superbiens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much all description so far for superbiens has pendulous petals and over all flower is bigger than curtisii.

Rick's has neither. This could be a new species.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yes, see the other post.
Yes. Pretty much the same as the pictures published by MK and Birk. Short petals and proportionally short.
I agree with you about that pre- breeding era.

The recent curtisii have big flowers with long petals and pouches. They are no longer squatish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great info guys! Thanks! I guess the lines are very blurred. I am going to keep it as per the original label, even though it seems quite likely that mine is really a curtsii.

It looks like you grow all your paph's in sphagnum moss.

I do not. They are in a seedling bark mix that is covered with live moss (not sphagnum). The background of the first photos catch my phrag setup. I do grow my phrags in a mix of sphagnum moss with charcoal and lava rock (sitting in water).

Always a favorite. The size of the flowers on these (in general) never fails to dazzle me. This is the first time this particular plant has bloomed for me. Also, I really like the unique leaves on this one. Not to mention the pouch is super-dark. 🤤

superbiensbloom.jpg

superbiensplant.jpg
I adore this plant and am on my own quest to find a superbness. this is a great shot. this one looks like a mix as many have stated but the longer twisted petals are from the Superbiens side. Id love a clone if you ever put them on the market.

Back