Paph. superbiens var. curtisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

It seems that about half of my collection is in spike right now; this curtisii opened last Friday, but I just had a chance to take photos. The color of the pouch isn't very accurate; it should be darker and more purple rather (less red) but my camera doesn't seem to handle purples very well. Maybe I'll mess with the colors in photoshop and see if I can get it more accurate, but I'm not very good at that :)

Anyway, here are two to start:

paph-curtisii1a.jpg

and from behind:

paph-curtisii1b.jpg

I have two more of these that are just beginning to open (one has a double bud), so I may post more photos in the near future. I was really surprised at how large the blooms are on these.... I had been expecting smaller blooms, larger than fowliei but smaller than dayanum. The pouch on this one is much larger than any of the dayanums that I've bloomed.

Hope you like the photos!

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Always :)

Actually, I've already done a 3d version, I just don't like it... I don't know if it's the lighting or exposure or what, it just doesn't look very good. Going to try again tonight, I expect.

BTW, Heather, the parishii that you sold me is in spike, and so is the dianthum... the dianthum has 3 spikes, actually!

- Matt

Matt, in Photoshop, try either:
Image>Adjustments>Color Balance>move slider toward blue. You might also try moving the slider toward cyan.
Or:
Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation>Edit-Reds>move Hue slider to the left.

Not seeing the actual flower, my guess is moving the Color Balance slider toward cyan would be the most accurate.

I think the flower is gorgeous.

Thanks :) I have another that just opened with two buds on the spike... the second bud is in the way of the petal of the first, so the form will be a bit odd, but it's still pretty cool. I'll post some pictures soon.

- Matt

Latest posts

Back