paph superbiens var. curtisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michigan Pete

Reaction score
superbiens.jpg

I bought this 18 months ago from Parkside Orchids. It's a large flower for such a small plant.

Thanks Dot for the suggestion on where to take the photo. That seemed to give me enough lighting with a black background.

-Pete

Very nice flower! According to their website, this might be of Taiwanese breeding? Would you mind to show us the leaves as well? Some of that batch had beautiful tesselated leaves.

superbiensshot2.jpg

As requested, here is the whole plant (I didn't spend a lot of time on trying to get a quality shot, so this won't be as clear up close). The leaves took a bit of a beating when it was outside last summer.

This is the first growth, I'm hoping to see some more coming soon.

-Pete

WOW!!!

I love it...

My superbiens (maroon swan) x Hsyinings Web is opening & trying to find the parents to see the difference.

Did not know there were a few var of superbiens.

Last edited:
I did not know it seems to be in bad taste to bring up old posts or that one should say its an old post as I was just informed on another thread of an old bloom but I had never seen it & it was worthy of praise.

I never have been able to keep an orchid for many years & it would be nice to get an update on some of these.

I just learned they may start a new plant after they bloom which is sort of like a plumeria branching.

So I guess it may be possible to estimate the age of a plant by how many it has or I guess they are divided while repotting after a while...

Interesting...

Latest posts

Back