Paph Sunlight Rothschild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Rick.

Given it is 87.5% rothschildianum, it is not surprising it looks a lot like a roth. :)

You sort of wonder what the purpose of such a cross is. I guess you will get the odd plant that will have the size and shape of a roth and the striking white dorsal of a stonei. But you will get a lot of roth looking flowers in between. The seedlings will have a bit more hybrid vigour too.

Here are a couple of nice clones where the stonei has come through despite only making up 12.5% of the genetics. The size and shape are all roths. I wonder how many you have to flower to get clones like this.

https://www.facebook.com/sunlight.o...1667228531455/907220129309497/?type=1&theater

Paph%20Sunlight%20roth.jpg[\img]

That must be correct David and Stephen. Besides the potential dorsal improvement a solid red pouch all the way to the rim is possible.

I believe I found this plant in spike yesterday. Hoping for a big improvement over the shipping flowered plant.
I just saw on Aussie Ebay a seedling for 150 AU! Expensive!

Latest posts

Back