Paph. Sugar Suite

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
Awfully rushed pics, so they dont truly represent the beauty of this slipper. Its a huge flower with a wonderful fragrance. From the great Ross Hella.

DSC_0121-2.jpg

DSC_0120-4.jpg

Thanks for the nice comment, Blake. I thought it could be a nice one when I sent it to you, but you deserve the credit for bringing it into bloom.:clap: Good growing!

Just for comparison, here's the second to bloom for me. I just took the picture this evening.

PaphSugarSuite2.jpg

Adorable

I have one, I only wish they grew a little faster. A friend of mine has one too--he wants to trash it because it is soooooooooo sloooooooowwwwww.
Beautiful nevertheless and worth the wait, I suppose.

By the way, how long does the flower remain in perfection?

Thanks
Frederick

I have one, I only wish they grew a little faster. A friend of mine has one too--he wants to trash it because it is soooooooooo sloooooooowwwwww.
Beautiful nevertheless and worth the wait, I suppose.

By the way, how long does the flower remain in perfection?

Thanks
Frederick

In my limitted experience with this cross, I think the first one lasted about 2 months, but that was in the cooler temps of winter.

Thanks Paphreek

2 months is remarkably long for such a fragile-looking little guy. Worth the wait indeed!
Thanks a lot
Frederick

Blake, is your pouch off-white like Ross'? It's hard to tell from the photo.

Actually, that didnt come out well at all in the pic. It is actually a definite yellow. The fragrance though, is what amazes me.

Can you describe the fragrance? Do you have to really stick your nose in it to detect the fragrance. I know it's asking too much for a paph but I want the fragrance to come to me!

almost a light vanilla, strong enough to where it can be smelled about 3-4 inches away from the flower

Latest posts

Back