Paph. Stonel Lovely x Ice Castle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untitled2.png

Mystic Knight 'moonstone'

Those are some nice Whites you have there! The Ratcliff cross is very white. The white Knight must have been really pure. Do you know the measurements?

I guess my point of the pics is that there are a few nice white crosses. Much depends on the parents involved in making them. The cross since it is a complex hybrid can look totally different with different parents. I myself like the OZ Mystic Knights. The cross has been made with OZ's really good elfstones so it has great size and fullness. There really is no other white cross I know of that has that size and fullness. My second fav would prob be Tokyo Knight Dream. The Icy Icy Wind cross will be used in the future to make some hopefully better than Mystic Knight crosses. Infertility or poor fertility is def a problem with Mystic Knight however.

Cool, I bought a division of that clone of Tokyo Knight Dream from Norito. It is a great grower and one of my favourites whites.

'Silver Moon' is another great clone of Tokyo Knight Dream, again from Norito.

TokyoKnightDream_SilverMoon_S8174p1.jpg

Paph. Jade Lauren Whales is Christmas Snow 'Jade' x White Knight 'Full Moon'.
I have been unable to get any additional information on the parents from Ratcliffe Orchids.

It must have been a very fertile cross for them to have released 25 seedlings to me, even thought they were the most expensive unboomed seedlings I have ever purchased.

With regard to your Stone Lovely x Ice Castle I imagine it also was from Terry. Again this must have been a very fertile cross for him to have released a flask to me ( via an intermediary ).

It wasn't so long ago that whites of this quality couldn't be had at any price! These flowers leave White Knight in their dust, and it was considered a quantum leap at the time.

Regards,
Rick

Cool, I bought a division of that clone of Tokyo Knight Dream from Norito. It is a great grower and one of my favourites whites.

'Silver Moon' is another great clone of Tokyo Knight Dream, again from Norito.

TokyoKnightDream_SilverMoon_S8174p1.jpg

Came from the Orchid Zone originally.

Yes the cross is Stone Lovely x Ice Castle. I also was lucky enough to snag flasks of Pacific Shamrock x Ice Castle and Pacific Shamrock x Stone Lovely - again all from the Orchid Zone.

To be quite honest I think Paph. Jade Lauren Whales is a better cross than the SL x IC one I posted. Every one I have bloomed so far has been a keeper. I have included one here that I posted last year for comparison - again first blooming - substance is extreme and not even a miniscule spot. I prefer this clone to any of the Mystic Knights I have bloomed or seen elsewhere.

JadeLaurenWhales1.jpg
It’s lovely! Better for beauty... perhaps, but they are all pretty much sterile. So useless to go anywhere with. Icy Icy Wind on the other hand is highly fertile and a great breeder! I do love the purity and substance of JLW!

Latest posts

Back