Paph. stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Not perfectly symmetrical, but I like the colors.

Paph_stonei.jpg

Looks good to me! Pretty early for this species. I have a couple of mature ones that I hope will bloom this spring too.

One of my favorites :) Thats a nice looking stonei, what cross is it, Dot? In addition to my Malaysian stoneis, I've got 4 or 5 crosses that I'm patiently waiting to bloom... some are from flask, and I know I've still got quite a while :) Anyway, the markings on the dorsal look very crisp, and the dorsal is surprisingly wide... if those petals are still developing (and they look like they might be) you could have an award winner there. Is that one of those new Oz stoneis?

- Matt

One of my favorites :) Thats a nice looking stonei, what cross is it, Dot? In addition to my Malaysian stoneis, I've got 4 or 5 crosses that I'm patiently waiting to bloom... some are from flask, and I know I've still got quite a while :) Anyway, the markings on the dorsal look very crisp, and the dorsal is surprisingly wide... if those petals are still developing (and they look like they might be) you could have an award winner there. Is that one of those new Oz stoneis?

- Matt
Thanks, Matt. It's a division from Bill Porter's plant that he's had for many years. Unfortunately, his tag only says "Paph. stonei" as I would have copied any other information onto my tag. But I'll check with Bill to see if he has any background particulars.

What shall I say what others haven't said so far. One word the previous writers didn't mention is magnificent and I mean both the plant and the photo. :drool: The photo's composition, lightning of fore- and background and the whole atmosphere is really great - at least in my eyes.
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Dot,
How many growths and what's the leaf span on your stoneii? I'm trying to get an idea on when my plant might spike. Mine is 1 mature fan (~30 in lf) and a second growth about 1/4 of the first.

Thanks, Rick

Dot,
How many growths and what's the leaf span on your stoneii? I'm trying to get an idea on when my plant might spike. Mine is 1 mature fan (~30 in lf) and a second growth about 1/4 of the first.

Thanks, Rick

I think its ready to go this spring/summer Rick. I have one that I got as a seedling a few years ago, and about the same size as yours. I checked up close today, and I saw either a bract (or yet another new leaf). But even if its a new leaf that should be signaling good things to come soon:)

Dot,

Thanks, Rick
Well, remember that it's a division of a mature plant. It has two mature growths, one of which bloomed last year and the other is in bloom now, plus two young grows (for next year, I hope). The leaf span is about 26."

Hope yours blooms soon.

Latest posts

Back