Paph. Stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I wonder how badly I would have killed my stonei album if They had gotten to me.
I’m sure they would have survived! I’ve found stonei to be a pretty easy grower, the seedlings are just slow, I swear they only put out one leaf a year…sorry your albums never arrived!

I would be happy with that too. It is absolutely magnificent. That is one species I would love to flower. I have one plant that is growing slowly but steadily. Maybe one day.

The more I look at your plant and its flowers, the more I am enamoured! It's so gorgeous!

Any chance that you somehow could do some detecting to get to know the cross (ask the vendor, ask the former owner, or something along that line)?

Last edited:
I would be happy with that too. It is absolutely magnificent. That is one species I would love to flower. I have one plant that is growing slowly but steadily. Maybe one day.
Thank you, I'm sure it will bloom eventually, you have beautifully grown plants! The smaller plants I have grow at a glacial place, although one just started a second growth this spring, so I'm hoping for a first bloom next year (this one started a new growth last year, and then bloomed this year). They definitely love heat, and kick into high gear at the peak of summer. Good luck!

The more I look at your plant and its flowers, the more I am enamoured! It's so gorgeous!

Any chance that you somehow could do some detecting to get to know the cross (ask the vendor, ask the former, or something along that line)?
I looked through my old emails, and at the time I purchased it I asked about the cross, but all the vendor could tell me was that it came through Hawaii. The tag just says "paph. stonei" with no cross number, so a dead end there. I imagine that given the volume they import through Hawaii, it isn't surprising that some of them end up dissociated from their cross information. I have some named crosses from Sam growing on, so I'm interested to see how those turn out, but this is still a keeper in my book!

Latest posts

Back