Paph. stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that dorsal! How big is the plant? I have one from this cross that just started pushing a second growth, but doesn’t look like it’s going to flower this year.

2 growths. Largest leaf is 16 inches. In 4x 3.5 pot. From Orchid Inn 2 years ago as one mature growth.
I have 2 other stonei (different sources) that are also 2 mature growths and likely will not spike this year.
I wonder if I wait too long to repot from the original source. I worry that I’ll disturb roots but I water frequently and I think I need to repot for fresh media and keep in the same size pot to keep pot bound.

Your P. stonei beat mine by a few days. I as an indoor grower am also happy to flower it for the second time ..... but also just two flowers.

Fantastic. Not something you see every day!.

I have not bloomed one in a long time. I lost a really good mother plant but luckily I had selfed it and am growing out seedlings. Also have a handful of seedlings from Taiwan that should bloom in another year. They were deflasked fourteen years ago!

So exquisite! I am hopefully going to get this cross. Could you please perhaps post a photo of the entire plant? I am curious to see the size - I know you have stated the size numerically but I find it easier to gauge from a photo.
This is my favourite Paph. species.

2 growths. Largest leaf is 16 inches. In 4x 3.5 pot. From Orchid Inn 2 years ago as one mature growth.
I have 2 other stonei (different sources) that are also 2 mature growths and likely will not spike this year.
I wonder if I wait too long to repot from the original source. I worry that I’ll disturb roots but I water frequently and I think I need to repot for fresh media and keep in the same size pot to keep pot bound.
Thank you, it’s beautiful! Sounds like mine still has a way to go then. I have one from another source that is larger, so I’m hoping that one spikes this year. Any tricks or tips to get it to initiate a spike?

So exquisite! I am hopefully going to get this cross. Could you please perhaps post a photo of the entire plant? I am curious to see the size - I know you have stated the size numerically but I find it easier to gauge from a photo.
This is my favourite Paph. species.
Finally moved the stonei for a photo of the entire plant for you
In a 3x3x4 inch pot
1620567352599.jpeg
1620567376143.jpeg

Really nice! Looks like there’s a nice chunky new growth too, so hopefully you’ll get a higher flower count next round!

Being born a stone’s throw from this species habitat in Borneo, I can’t help but adore your plant and blooms. Thanks to all the members here who keep this species (and all the Borneo ones like rothschildianum, sanderianum, hookerae, et al) alive for all of us (and future generations) to enjoy and be in awe of their beauty.

I just realized I did a pun in my first sentence lol.

Being born a stone’s throw from this species habitat in Borneo, I can’t help but adore your plant and blooms. Thanks to all the members here who keep this species (and all the Borneo ones like rothschildianum, sanderianum, hookerae, et al) alive for all of us (and future generations) to enjoy and be in awe of their beauty.

I just realized I did a pun in my first sentence lol.
It took me a couple of seconds to work out the pun! 😁

Latest posts

Back