Paph stonei x paph gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
I've had this plant for more years than i want to admit ! It's a hardy grower, very forgiving of mixes but it will not bloom. It has 8 growths at least.. tried brighter light, cooler, warmer... I'm running out of ideas. Could it be a dud? Thoughts ? TIA !

Migtht it be that gratrixianum in general is a bit relictant when it comes to flowering? I have a gratrixianum for 7 years now 10+ growth but it didn't want to flower, too. Maybe that passed on...

I had a stonei x niveum cross that was at least as large as yours. Tried everything you're describing; more light, less light, warmer, cooler, wetter, dryer, all with the same result --- no blooms. When I made my last move into a condo I finally gave it the heave ho.

I've moved it to even much higher light, that's about my threshold of patience for this orchid. The bloom would prob be ugly anyways. I like stonei, not so much gratrixianum. I'll give it a while longer then it's out of here. Thanks all !!

Latest posts

Back