Paph. stonei with almost no stripes on the dorsal sepals

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
I took this picture of a Paph. stonei at the Sacramento meeting last month and I was astonish that it has almost no stripes on its dorsal sepals.

Ramon:)

Paph. stonei

2356380787_a5dac10dfa_b.jpg

That is an excellent clone. I would make room in my collection for that plant without hesitation. Truly beautiful.

Christian

One of the better collections of stonei resides in Columbus, Ohio. This collector has some dozen or two different named clones of stonei. Over the years I've seen a number of them bloom. Most have a few stripes in their dorsals, 2 or 4 is the most common, but several clones bloomed like this with no stripes at all. Any stonei in bloom is a beauty, and I do like the clean white of these no-stripes-havin' clones. No stripes is a less than common but perfectly normal variant for the species.

That's a special colony in Sarawak that led those stonei with pure white dorsal. There is a picture if I remember correctly in "Slipper Orchids of Borneo"

That's a special colony in Sarawak that led those stonei with pure white dorsal. There is a picture if I remember correctly in "Slipper Orchids of Borneo"

Page 49. It shows a PIC of one plant and mentions"a distinct form with a white dorsal sepal" There are 2 PICs of habitat but no mention of either being a distinct form:)

Good memory Sanderianum!

Rick H

It would be interesting to see if the all white dorsal would come through in hybrids.

Beautiful! I'm hoping that one of my stonei bloom out with a white dorsal. It's so attractive. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back