Paph stonei 'The Best' x 'New Dimension' Flask Oct 27, 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update - Sept 13, 2013

Paph stonei compot1 - Sept 13, 2013

Paph stonei compot2 - Sept 13, 2013

Paph stonei compot3 - Sept 13, 2013

Still many years before flowering but good growers and steady! Loss a few seedlings due to poor air movement and water dripping!

those look awesome! great growing. I agree, only 5 more years and you should see buds!!!!

My very first stonei flaskings ('Bear' x self) are now finally BS after 6 years and i cannot wait to see them flower!

Wow! They look great - happy and healthy.
So, 6 years and over? I clearly didn't think it through when ordering my flasks.
Hope I am still alive then...

those look awesome! great growing. I agree, only 5 more years and you should see buds!!!!

My very first stonei flaskings ('Bear' x self) are now finally BS after 6 years and i cannot wait to see them flower!

I hope to see your stonei 'Bear' x self bloom as well. Should be impressive!

Wow! They look great - happy and healthy.
So, 6 years and over? I clearly didn't think it through when ordering my flasks.
Hope I am still alive then...

I know they take a long time to flowering but it is nice to see them grow up and finally flower them! They are easy growers!

We should trade! Is your cross 'Red Pouch' x 'The Best' or 'The Best' x 'Red Pouch'?

I think you will still be alive by then!

Did your Phal bellina 'Ingrid Ohh' x 'Joy' flower yet? My compot seedlings are reaching BS with a leafspan of 8-10 inches.

Mine will be stonei 'Red Pouch' x 'The Best' and sanderianum 'Mini' AQ/AOS x 'Dr. John' AM/AQ/AOS .
I should get them mailed to me in the beginning of October when OrchidInn will be visiting Toronto.
I deflasked only phals before and really like watching them grow. Hopefully deflasking these paphs will be just as joyful and I will not kill them until they are good to trade .

Unfortunately I lost that bellina to some type of wet rot that would appear on each newly grown leaf. I was cutting it every time so plant became all cut off and ill looking. I couldn't stand the view and threw it away.
Looking forward to seeing yours blooming, they should be spectacular.

Mine will be stonei 'Red Pouch' x 'The Best' and sanderianum 'Mini' AQ/AOS x 'Dr. John' AM/AQ/AOS .
I should get them mailed to me in the beginning of October when OrchidInn will be visiting Toronto.
I deflasked only phals before and really like watching them grow. Hopefully deflasking these paphs will be just as joyful and I will not kill them until they are good to trade .

Unfortunately I lost that bellina to some type of wet rot that would appear on each newly grown leaf. I was cutting it every time so plant became all cut off and ill looking. I couldn't stand the view and threw it away.
Looking forward to seeing yours blooming, they should be spectacular.

My suggestion for deflasking of stonei is to use a spray bottle to spray off the agar and be very careful of not breaking the roots. They are extremely brittle!

What medium are you using?

I am thinking to put them into clay pots with slits on the sides and sphagnum moss, that's what I used for phals with success.
They are going to live in an orchid tank with T5 HO lights in the shady corner wich keeps 25 degrees Celsium and 80% humidity
I usually use spray bottle to wet the moss when it is drying in deflsked seedlings.
Does it sound ok?

Here is an example of the pot and media (not plants) that I am thinking to use:
phal_hawaii_dragon_girl3.jpg

I am thinking to put them into clay pots with slits on the sides and sphagnum moss, that's what I used for phals with success.
They are going to live in an orchid tank with T5 HO lights in the shady corner wich keeps 25 degrees Celsium and 80% humidity
I usually use spray bottle to wet the moss when it is drying in deflsked seedlings.
Does it sound ok?

Here is an example of the pot and media (not plants) that I am thinking to use:
phal_hawaii_dragon_girl3.jpg

Sounds good to me!
I think in 3 years or so I will be out of room due to the stonei getting huge!

My big stonei that flowered has about 7 growths on it and the leafspan is 48 inches across!

what a beast! is that the one you made some crosses with? that was a stone cold killer stonei.

Wow, it is humongous and the leaves are so immaculate ! You are obviously giving it a perfect care.

Latest posts

Back