Paph stonei June 2014

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning species, stunning photo. Thanks for the pre-preemptive foliage pics. Wow. I wish I had space under the lights for one of these guys. Beautiful.

Very healthy plant. What's your growing secret?

Stunning species, stunning photo. Thanks for the pre-preemptive foliage pics. Wow. I wish I had space under the lights for one of these guys. Beautiful.

Very healthy plant. What's your growing secret?

I grow under lights and keep it warm year round! I water 2 times a week with temperature 20C at night minimum. This species has a brief resting period in the late summer and new growth starts in the early winter. Trick is keep it warm and during the winter and spring.

Clean water is important for this plant and the medium has a pH of about 6.2

Grows like a weed and will need to move into a 10 inch pot as it is getting crowded in an 8 inch pot.

That's fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing colour my friend.

P.S. hope you feel better soon. Talk to you tomorrow.

Exceptional flowers, Wayne! And the plant is super healthy!!! How big is your grow room to accommodate such monster??? Hope you feel better too!

Absolutely excellent! My one and only stonei is in bud and if it looks half as nice I would be satisfied.

Exceptional flowers, Wayne! And the plant is super healthy!!! How big is your grow room to accommodate such monster??? Hope you feel better too!

My grow area is really small! Stonei is taking up all the space under my 400W Metal halide which is about 4x4 ft square. I am currently setting up another enclosure for the plants that are starving for light.

I had an infection on my right foot and it has been painful in moving the plant 2x a week to water it over the kitchen sink. Slowing getting better as I am able to walk and drive!

I picked up one of those at a society auction in February, Had two growths, neither mature. It has hardly grown since then, but has 4 or 5 new growths starting to emerge in the last 6 weeks.

Looks wonderful Wayne:clap::clap:

Next year you're going to have a multispiking plant.

Is this one of the Prancer X Humongous clones?

Shocked on the vigorous growing plant, also with stunning flowers. I have indeed tried 2 stoneiis before but all failed. :( I am jealous on your great success.

That's the healthiest best grown stonei I have ever seen. The leaves are flawless. Superb culture. Nice flowers as well.

I picked up one of those at a society auction in February, Had two growths, neither mature. It has hardly grown since then, but has 4 or 5 new growths starting to emerge in the last 6 weeks.

Sounds like a vigorous clone like minds. My stonei did the same thing!

Back